Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Congratulations BABY!


This card was made last night for one of the therapist interns at work, who is an awesome person, and I'm so happy for her and her husband on their new addition.  Her baby shower will be on Monday, so the rest of the interns and some of us staff are trying to get things together for a little surprise party.  I LOVE our interns, the ones who've been with us the last year.  They are so awesome, and so when they leave soon (after they accrue enough hours, they are outro) we'll get a whole new crop and we do it all over.  They, and their take no shit attitudes will be sorely missed.  Anyway, I regress... the baby carriage was super simple to make: I used my circle cutter at 3 1/2'', I think, and made a circle, then just cut out a piece and added some scallops.  Easy peasy?  The hardest part (an HOUR) was deciding what paper to make the background.  I had almost settled on a black and white houndstooth, but at the last moment used this glittery paper.  I think it's okay... not sure.  Anyway, like with the "Orange you glad we're friends" card, I used the clothesline idea and little pins.  I have lots of those suckers and they've just been sitting in jars.  That's the trouble with cute-as-hell embellishments.  Your instinct is to collect them, but shoot, what's the use of having them in jars?  I have begun to use the stuff I buy, and I think it makes for extra special cards.  Here's a closeup of this card:


The pins are, in my opinion, too large for the scale of the card and in comparison to everything else, but what the F can ya do?  I could have used a bigger greeting placard, but whatevs.  I must stop by Michael's for more cards, as I'm down to two.  TWO, I tell ya!  I have some others that have stuff on the front, and that may be used, but I like my 5" x 6.5" jobs.  I also have those tags that I wanted to work on as short projects.  I have been devouring the Hero Arts blog, Flickr page and YouTube channel the last few days, and they are AWESOME people over there.  Their stamps are off the fckn hook, and I plan on getting the bike series and maybe the typewriter clear stamp, it's just too cute for words.  (Pun right there, did you catch that?)  Their tutorials are good also, have given me about a zillion ideas and I'm in dire need of a few more things from the damn craft store.  Have they succeeded in making an already frantic consumer a bit more frantic?  Maybe... but, it's getting more interesting.  I also LOVE Cards Magazine's blog, it's called "Create", it's one of those whose giveaways are amazing, so I'll keep trying.

That's all for today, as if it weren't enough.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment