Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Successful Evening!

Okay, so last night after dinner (and a bit before) I started a "Bun in the Oven" card and an "Orange you glad we're friends" card that literally took me about an hour each.  That, for me, is pretty good, as I can get stuck on details like color and layout.  I think they came out damn good:




For the bun in oven card, I created this little embellishment (which I mentioned in yesterday's post?) with the button and string.  I put it on a star punch and it just seemed like it belonged there.  I also have begun to use my tags a bit more, since they are just sitting there STARING at me lately.  Plus, I think I may do more tags since they are smaller and less of a committment when I just want to do a short project.  They can always be placed on a card, anyway.  The orange friends card was done as an afterthought, right before bed.  I sort of mapped it out in my head, thinking that I could get it done quickly; I did.  The longest part, I think, was the orange wedge; that sucker had me swearing like a truck driver.  I had to use white paint (which I think looks kinda bad) to cover up eraser bits and dirty finger smudges.  I HATE dirty glue fingers, I can't seem to get around it. :(  Also, I used little clothes pins on the same string used on the first card, the string that comes in the tags, which I took out.  I have silver string, but it wouldn't have gone with the orange theme.  I used dimension dots under the sign that says, "Orange you glad we're friends" to secure it in place.  The string edges were secured under the orange cardstock with tape and then THAT was glued onto the card.  I'm RUNNING OUT of cards, I may have to stop by Michael's after work (with ALL my riches - NOT) and get some more.  I mean, what the heck will I do without cards, I ask you?  Anyhow, I think those two are pretty darn cute, and I already put them in packaging and will shop them around this week. 

Well folks, it's been fun, but I gotta run.  Monday: yay.  :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment