Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Steph!!


This card was made last night for my friend Stephanie, her birthday is Monday, but we're celebrating it this Friday at work.  I think we're going to some buffet for lunch to pig out.  This paper came from my new doodles pad; you can't see the grid pattern on it, really, but I love it.  I cut out the top border and used some dimension dots to make it pop.  Ticket die cuts are something that I've been seeing a lot of lately on blogs and challenges.  I like it, and have been cooking up a little design to make it a bit more unique... I'll work on that tonight.  I know that the pre-made dies aren't so unique, but they are easy and when I am having lots of trouble with layout, it's nice to have something already done.  I have been going to Jo-Ann whenever I have time and checking out their dollar bin.  It's awesome.  They have ink pads, clear stamps, big glitter (sorta like confetti), and even pretty flower embellishments (like the one on the card above)... for a DOLLAR.  I'm thinking about getting my eBay store back up and making some money off those damn things.  I buy them for a dollar, along with the scrapbooking stuff I've been finding at the 99 cent store, and jack up the price 400%.  Everyone wins, especially me.  Plus I get to shop on eBay without using Mr. Mastercard and Mama needs some new boots among other things. :) 

I made a little curtain for the space under the kitchen sink where I have the garbage can, I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, this is what it looks like:



I wanted to cover that space, which has gotten crowded, with something that wasn't corny... I think this works.  I used dark brown thread until I ran out, and then I had to use black.  I'm glad you can't really see the stitches, because they look like a cavelady did them.  I'm not really a domestic person, but I'm trying these things.  Anyway, a hem at the top and one at the bottom, I got a curtain.  I'm going to make one for the living room, so let's see how that goes. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment