Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Card Factory

Folks, it would seem that all I do is crank out the cards... I guess this is true.  I got an order from Anabella's mommy yesterday for one Easter card, a baby shower card and two thank-you's.  I had the Easter card already, and also a good thank-you from last weekend (remember the one with the bird?)  So, as soon as I got home yesterday, I got to work.  I had to make sure I was done with enough time to do the rest of the things I had to do, so it was a crunch!  Anyway,  I wanted to show the two new ones I made.  I wanted to post both pix of the baby shower card, one with flash and one without so you can see how the dimension dots really made the onesie pop:


And here it is without flash:



Since SOMEbody said that the onesie gets kind of lost in the background, I think this works. For the "ruffles" on the edges, I used my hole puncher on some white cardstock; I drew a light pencil line along the edge of the plaid part and then glued the circles on the middle of the line, trimming the edges.  I think it worked really nicely.  I have a girly version I'll work on tonight.  There are so many babies lately!  Baby boom 2011.  Also, I'll work on my sober birthday cards this weekend.  I have to keep in mind that we have those ALL year here at the office.  Anyway, here's the second card I made; it is for my sister to give to her in-law's family, I think, so I had to keep the cheeky-ness to a minimum:


I used a pin here, see it above the bow?  I like using straight pins on a card, but you have to be careful it won't come out and stab somebody.  I made sure it went into the dimension dot under the thank you placard.  This is from my FAVORITE doodles paper pad.  I went back to Jo-Ann to look for another paper pad, since they were on sale, but didn't find anything really good.  Their cardstock packets SUCK, by the way.  Their paper is so flimsy.  Michael's is the best for cardstock.  My next purchase(s) will be an embossing heat tool (with powder, and glue pad) or (and?) a large glitter set, with glue pad for stamping.  I've gotten more stamps, but don't  use them as much... I guess I am not as into the stamping, but that will most definitely change once I can emboss backgrounds and add glitter to my cards.  It really makes a difference.  I guess I'll hold out for a Silhouette until I can find it on sale, or for a good price on eBay. 

Okay, enough of my crafting addiction.  Sheesh!  So, yesterday I found out that budget has been approved for me to accompany our Director of Clinical Services to Baltimore, MD for a three-day conference on treatment for the homeless.  I'm SUPER excited, those things are always really interesting and fun, even.  You get to talk shop with lots of service providers, and always make connections.  It's held at a Marriot Waterfront, and I think that's where we're staying, too.  I hear it's a two-hour train to New York, so I'm thinking about that, maybe JUST to have a descent slice of pizza and a hot dog from Grey's Papaya.  Or a cheesesteak from this place near the Verrazano Bridge in Brooklyn, or a slice of Grandma's Pizza from Williamsburg, or or OR!  The food alone may lure my hungry ass there.  I'd LOVE to do some shopping, too... we'll see. :)

Sun is out, let's hope it stays!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment