Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Summery Weekend!

Ah, this weekend was awesome!  First of all, our weather was in the 80's, and even though I worked through it for my weekly top to bottom clean-up and I was sweating like a pig, it was fckn amazing.  Seriously though, for next time, I'm going to begin cleaning earlier to avoid that kind of sweating... it's just gross.  On Friday night, though, I made this card:


I was inspired by these little cardstock squares my sister gave me when I went to visit Anabella (who, by the way, is doing great!!)  They were meant to fold in half, sort of place setting card shaped, and I cut it in half and saw a radio.  I worked for hours on that damn thing, even though it looks super simple.  I'm happy for how it turned out.  My new music paper seemed appropriate, even if the octopus doesn't make a lick of sense. :)  I'm still having fun with my scallop punch, as you can see.  It's the best $14 I've spent in awhile. 

Anyway, Sunday was Patty and Jay's baby shower, which was at her parent's house.  It was really nice to see everyone, to see Jay who I never see anymore, and her parents.  Toni cooked up a storm, Italian food, and it was to die for, obviously!  There were tons of kids:



Here's Mateo:



And  here's Baily, Mateo's cousin:



I tried to take photos of all the kids while they were watching Blues Clues, but my efforts were futile... I mean, they were like "Get the fuck out of my way, lady!", hahahah!  They were sweet, and by sweet I mean sugared up by the cupcakes that Pat ordered from somebody amazing, and once they started to crash, I went home.  I admit, I was crashing also, after three Cokes and two cupcakes.  :)

The nicest part of the weekend is that it's over, and our weather has cooled down enough to make it so that I will appreciate a warm up next weekend, as scheduled.  I love weekends, but lately they've been busier than normal, but I'll take it.  Back to the grind.............. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment