Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thank you, Bellows!


Today my favorite little bugger saved me from having what could have been a very, very sad day.  I LOVE that kid, she actually had me laughing, my mind completely off other subjects.  My niece is a wonder-child!  She can grab her toys now, hold her head up really well, and she laughs ALL the time!  It's music to my ears, she "talks" -- babbles really, once she is comfortable in her setting, and will totally carry on a conversation with me!  I love talking to my little angel, it's been my saving grace today, that's for sure.  Her little legs are chubbier, her arms... I just can't get over her, how special she is, how beautiful and perfect.  Oh, one more thing (I get to gloat on Bellz, it's my blog!) she is already trying to stand/walk.  I swear.  If I place her on her feetsies, she locks her knees and will stand with very little support... it's amazing. 

Now, I'll explain why I call her Bellows.  My cellphone is a touch-screen, and extremely sensitive to my little fingers.  It has this word recognition setting, which I need to learn how to turn off, that tries to figure out what I'm saying.  One time, I sent my sister a text calling her Beets and my kiddo Bellows!  I laughed my ass off, and the names just stuck.  It's funny, her other grandmother ("Grand-mom") commented this weekend that she bellows, I guess my sister was probably laughing inside. :)

********************************************************

I will take a deep breath and get through all of this -- I've never been thrown a curveball I couldn't knock the hell out of my way.  It's true, these things take time, but we will get through all this.  I believe things are as good as you make them, can be great, even... but not without much effort and determination.  I see mountains moved at work everyday, we need to gather some of that strength, acceptance and hope for some of that serenity... someday, right?  Someday........ until then, I live for moments like the ones my Bella gives me.




Angel... hello??

No comments:

Post a Comment