Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

Get Well Soon, Stephanie!


I made this card last night for Stephanie who is still in the hospital, recovering from her back surgery.  I'll pass it around the office and then go and drop it off.  Hopefully she's doing well. :)



I used the Create-a-Critter carteridge for the octopus and sealion, and two others for the letters, sun and water.  I have to admit, the card making process isn't any faster with the Cricut, but it is more interesting and I have many more options.  I could have gone on and on with this whole underwater scene, thank goodness a card is only 5' x 6.5".  I had the idea to put shine marks on the waves (sort of like white curvy cutouts, highlighting the tops of each wave) but decided against it since it's so busy.  I maybe should've even left out the sun, but I couldn't help myself. :)  I've been working my way through the Critter cartridge, making all sets, so I must begin actually USING them.  I'll use some for Bella's scrapbook, some for cards and maybe try some gift bags. 

I have zero interest in keeping two of the cartridges I received in the bundle, Rocker Chick and Paper Dolls -- I feel I'd get more use out of other ones, so I'm going to post them on eBay today as one-day auctions just to get rid of them.  I must beware not to let the cartridge thing get to me too much, haha. 

TGIF.  Times a million.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment