Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

What a week I'm having, and it's only MONDAY!


I made this card for my brother; since he had a beach party, I thought this was appropriate, if a bit hokey.  Who cares, I love it!  The fox, fire, phrase and waves were from my Cricut, but I just tore the paper at the bottom to look like sand.  Very simple, to the point and not at all complicated... that's how everything should be, huh? ;)  He liked it quite a bit, I think.






I made this little bee card last night; it began with the envelope which I saw on Scrapbooks, Etc. August issue.  I wanted to use paper that didn't really match, and see how that felt... result: good.  :)  I think so , anyway.  I love my critters, they just make everything more cheerful, and the cardstock pack I got at Michael's the other day (huuuuge pack) had so many colors, I don't even know what to do.  I LOVE this navy blue, it makes me think of sailboats, or water themed cards and page layouts.  The pack also had the blue that I used on the water of the fox card above, I love that also... it's funny how a new color will spark all kinds of new ideas.  


On the right side of the envelope, I used my score tool to make that end sort of like the bottom of a very skinny box; can you tell?  It began as a mistake, but afterwards, I felt it gave the envelope more dimension... do you see it at all?  This card is WAY better in person, the photo does it no justice.  I really want to give this card away! :)

Oh, and one more card:


I got this rubber stamp from this awesome store near the Promenade called Paper Place.  It was on sale, so I got it for like $3, or something... I couldn't resist!  When I checked out, the cashier said it could be for a forgotten birthday or something, I hadn't even thought of that.  :)  I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of this one, I was even thinking of making desk note sets for co-workers with it.  It would be fitting here, lord knows.  I used my glue ink pad and glitter, doesn't the word look better all shiny?  Haaaaaa... love it.

That's about it for now.  I'll have lots of stuff soon because I'm helping my cousin Jazmine with her baby shower, which is in October.  She asked me this weekend, after I offered, of course!  And I'm excited, because putting my sister's together was lots of fun.  I will begin trial runs of invites for her to look at.

I'm swamped at work, I'd better go.  This post literally took me all day, ten seconds here, twenty there... :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment