Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

More FD cards...


Hello.  I made the card you see above this weekend; I think it was on Saturday since that was my only day off this week... it had to be.  Anyway, I began the flags while watching "The Blair Witch" since it was a task I could do from bed (how sad, haha) and only paying attention halfway. I think they turned out okay, better than when I had the scallops going across the bottoms.  I found that old lettering in my box of stickers, and I think they go well.  The dimension squares that I found at the 99 Cent store are awesome because I don't have to use ten of those little circles... they raise the flags up a bit and make them seem like they are actually hanging from somewhere... I like this one, it's probably going to my own Daddy. :)


This card should have said something about "from your little monster" or something... I got this paper from a Halloween section in a pad, but think it works for this Father's Day card.  I needed some masculine colors, and non-wimpy, pink ass embellishments.  I have SO much of that stuff, it's quite difficult to make a manly card... there was a challenge on one of the blogs recently, and I really tried to submit something masculine, but I just got so stuck.  I like this card okay, I think I could have gotten a better sentiment together, but oh well.



So, this card was one that I liked (it's simplicity!) so I decided to duplicate it and made about five more with different patterned paper and cardstock; they all have the brown glittered mustache, though.  I saw the mustache idea in Scrapbooks Etc. this month, but theirs was cut out from a furry sort of material, which I thought was sort of creepy, so I did my own in glitter.  I wanted to make sure the idea translated, and I think it does.  I will see if they sell...
Oh, by the way, the lettering on this card comes from this stamp set I found at Michael's (I may have mentioned it in an earlier post) in the dollar bin.  It's a whole set of the alphabet that comes in this little box, and it's SUUUUPER cute... and only a dollar, what are you gonna do.  I got a few different fonts, but I'm wishing I would have splurged and gotten every one they had, they are coming SO in handy with stuff.  I have begun to think about writing sentiments on the inside now that I have more freedom with lettering. 

This weekend I worked a charity event (Art for CLARE) which was held at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica; I saw a paper store (which was closed on Sunday) that I am really dying to go into some day this week and check out.  They had MANY sheets of different types of Japanese style paper that I simply must have. 

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment