Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recent Stuff





The two cards pictured at the top were made last night, but this one in red was from Sunday.  I like the top ones very much, but not the red one.  I guess you can't always have great outcomes.  The apple card was a real surprise, because the idea came to me when I saw a rubber stamp of an apple core, but I didn't think it'd translate well enough to a die, but I think it did.  The tree was a total whim, I just started cutting slim triangular branches and it went from there.  I'm happy I got to use some of my stones, as I never get to, really.  I hate how corny they can make a project look, so I'm really careful.  The camera in glitter was from one of my clear stamps.  It didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, and the paper, I think, is just sorta stale.  Whatevs, can't always be right.  It usually surprises me, though, that the cards that I don't always really like are sold first.  Weird. 

So, I went to Jo-Ann yesterday at lunch to get a new Xacto knife (I ended up getting a different brand WITH five blades for $2 something with a 40% off sale) and saw they had a Sizzix Mini in the caged-off sale rack for less than $6!  I didn't have time to wait for a sales person to come and open it up to take a look, but I think I need to go and clean them out, if only for eBay sales.  I need to check and see how their small dies are priced.... anyway, it's worth it to check out all corners of that store, they have so many good deals.  I also got a paper pad called "Celebration" that has lots of birthday themed stuff, that's where the brown paper for "You're The Best" came from, not that it looks birthday-ey. 

It's cold, rainy and gray here in L.A. today... :(  I hate this kind of weather.  I hope it will rain all day, then and be less ugly the rest of the week. 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment