Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to my Mommy, my sister, a new Mommy and all my Mommy friends.  You guys are all so amazing, have the toughest job out there and make it look easy.  I am thankful for you ALL. :)

The cards I'm going to show in this post were ALL made last night; I had to take my butt to Michael's after work then rush home and get started, after visiting with my parent's friends for a bit.  I was up late, but managed to get six done.  I know these aren't my best work, but I was working against the clock, and trying hard not to look at Telly.  Here's the rest:


I struggled with this one big-big (I'm still in Wolves of the Calla with my talk!).  It's simplicity wasn't sitting right with me, but I had to let it go. 



I should've gotten closer on this pic, but I think you get the gist.  Not a whole lot going on, right?  But these suckers take me forever to actually make!  Plus with my whole name stamp on the back, it's a process.



I found those stamp letter stickers in my box of embellishments and the card sort of developed around those.  I like to build off one thing sometimes, did it work?  Maybe.... not sure here.



Now, this one came out of NOwhere, I mean I'm not even sure who I had in mind.  I guess the paper just called to me and I built around IT.  Gotta have something for everyone, right?  I have a mom in mind now, but I think it'd be a little weird if I sent her a card... I could give it to Elijah to give to her next year, tho. :)



I love this card, just because I've always loved those window die cuts so much.  I rarely get a chance to use them (have them in lotta colors), but this seemed appropriate.  The butterfly could have been so much better, but I knew how tired I'd be if I kept myself up any longer... six cards in one night is a record for me.  I need to start earlier next time, next holiday... which is????  Father's Day?  Well, there's always some bs holiday it seems.  Jeez. 

Today is Friday and I cannot tell you (whoever you are, who am I talking to??) how happy I am about that.  We were just RAGGED this morning, but woke up anyway.  I drove Jeff to work today (my brother's Jeep) and was so aware of the fact that I HATE driving to work, HATE the freeway and HATE buying gas at that reDONKulous price.  I mean, really??  I put in my last six bux and felt like taking the guy behind the register by the neck and punching him in the belly.  It was that serious, folks.  But honestly, the traffic in this city is just out of control.  I forget about that living in such a crowded part of the city where it's easy to jump on a bus or train and forget about that. 

Happy Mother's Day weekend, y'all!  I'm going to sit here and hope that the sun decides to peek out and give us some.  I'm outta here once the clock strikes 3, PEACE!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment