Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Best Weekend EVER


So, Friday night Stephanie texts me asking if I'd like to go and see Prince in concert... HELLO?!  Yeah, so we went, it was at the Forum and that was nice because since the Staples Center came along, things are never held at the Forum anymore.  I guess it is a smaller venue, but it was NICE to be so close.  I know it doesn't look like it from the photo, but I was able to see the little guy and the video monitors helped, too.  He played all his old songs, and when he did Purple Rain, all this purple confetti came bursting out of the sky... it was AWESOME!  Sheila E. stopped by for a few songs, and the place went wild for her.  One of the Pussycat dolls came, and Pervert Prince played "Little Nikki" for her, I loved that!  Prince is a hallmark of a very good time in my young life, and so I think I'm always going to associate him and his music with only good things.  I remember having fun in those days, watching Purple Rain with good friends... watching it now I just can't believe I was allowed to watch it at that age!  Anyway, the show was great, Prince is a true entertainer, a true musician and I gotta give it to him for seriously making that place lose it.  I screamed myself hoarse, and danced all night, it was a great time.  He announced that he'll have something like 13 more shows in L.A. and I fully mean to go to at least one more show... I mean, they're only $25!  I think it's great he honored his fans with an affordable show.  Yeah, the beers were $12, but hey... :)

Here's the cards I made last night:


I got my new scrapbooks etc. magazine in the mail on Friday, and it had a layout with this bottle of soda on it; I had to recreate, and I think it came out pretty good.  I made my shape a little curvier, and the label different, I don't want to be a total biter.  These cards never sell, though... oh well.  I can give it to someone who's having a hard time.



This was also inspired by that layout that inspired the soda bottle.  I used the table cloth paper for obvious reasons, but I worry that the hotdog doesn't pop as much as if I would've used a darker paper.  Oh well, I like how it turned out... I used this paint Sam gave me for the mustard, and I LOVE how it came out.  You can't tell, but it definitely has shine... love it. :)

So, Mother's Day was a completely rest day for me since both mothers in my life (Mom & Neets) were out of town.  Mom went to Santa Barbara and Vegas with Michigan friends, and Neets, Matt and Anabella went to Fresno to visit Matt's parents.  It was her first Mother's Day, I hope she enjoyed it.  I miss my baby girl SO much, I have to get over to the Marina to see her this week for sure. 

That's all for now... gotta run
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment