Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Freakout!

Well, folks, I've begun my love affair with glitter and stamps!  I got one of those Martha Stewart glitter kits with my 40% off coupon, and I was so pleased that it came with rub-on transfers.  I have lots of wood mounted and clear stamps, but those transfers are NICE.  It included six ultra fine glitters in assorted colors, a rubbing stick and four sheets of different sentiments and images.  Score.  I did have to purchase a glue pad and filler on the side, though, but that's for when I want to use glitter on my regular stamps.  I have to say, I wasn't big on the stamping before, and I DETEST those corny cards that have stupid pictures of, like, a little girl rollerblading or something, and then rendered with color pencils.  Can you say "old lady"?  Yeah, but then I went and found some cooler stamps, some with fresh sentiments and cute images, so...  yeah, I'm a die hard die cut shape fiend turned on to stamping, who knew?  I also have to say that Hero Arts (heroarts.com) has some fckn AWESOME stamps.  I must get the bicycle series, and maybe some of the background stuff.  I just need to figure out how to incorporate more stamping into my cards and scrapbook.  (ScrapbooK, singular since I just purchased my first one for my niece)

Well, here's what I did last night.  It was a quiet night, after work Sam went to two art shows and I was in quiet all evening... I have to say, though, I should have gone to the art walk downtown, those are usually fun.  Next year.


You can't really see the brilliance of the glitter in this photo, but it really sparkles.  I like how the glitter kit had useable sentiments like the one on that card for Jennifer who is graduating tomorrow.  So... yeah, I like this card.



Now, that sentiment was from one of my wood mounted stamps.  I HAD to get that one when I saw it, how cute is that???  The only problem is that if you press too hard on the stamp and glue gets on any part other than where it's supposed to be, your mistake is shining in glitter. 



That tag is pretty cute, I think... I just couldn't find the right paper to combine it with for a card.  But, it's also good to have tags like this on deck for when I am ready.  I need to get some "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anneversary" and tags like that together for real emergencies.  Yesterday was Tim's birthday and I didn't have a card for him... I felt SO bad since I'm the damn card lady at work!  I had to factory reset my phone recently, and lost all my phone numbers and appointments on my calendar.  T-Mobile is a jerk I'd like to punch.  Anyway, I am fully proud of those three projects and even though I think the cards are on the simple side, they are pretty good. 

This weekend I will see Anabella on Sunday.  Tonight I'm going to the gym after work, and then will continue on with some more projects I've got sketched.  Tomorrow is all cleaning and I got everything for fettucini alfredo with chicken.  MMMMM.  I'm  hungry for that now, actually. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment