Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Luv Bug


I made this card over the weekend; I got the idea for the leaves (which I think look more like feathers) from one of my old scrapbooking magazines that I dug out of my box of tricks.  The layout was much nicer in the magazine, but I think mine turned out pretty good.  I'm going to make another one for my best friend, but this time I'll use more colors, and try to do white lettering somehow.  The monochromatic middle was calling to me, but I only had bigger black letters... will have to make a trip to Michael's.  By the way, the Scotch tape runner thingy is pretty cool, but I never imagined that it'd take time to learn how to use, and loading it was a pain in the ass.  But, I do have to say, it's nice to shelf the glue 50% of the time.  Now, the little bees: I'm in LOVE with them!  I really, really, REALLY should have gotten more embellishments last weekend, they were half off and I had coupons.  I got some teddy bears, the bees and pins, and I can live with that.  The thing is, everytime you buy something at Michael's, they give you a 40% off one item coupon good for the next week, so... yeah, it's a circle.  I guess I could have worse vices (as I well know, in my work). 
I've been really enjoying my weekends since I haven't had anything that I HAD to do, or anywhere to be... it's nice to stay at home and clean, organize, do cards, read and watch movies.  This weekend I watched this movie called "Catfish"; it was off the hook.  Crazy, entertaining, but crazy and not in a good way... creepy.  I recommend it.  I'm almost finished with "The Alienist" and have a Theodore Roosevelt bio on deck for next.  Since the book I'm reading now has Teddy in it (as a pretty big character), I'm ready to read more about him... it's a longer read, so I'm going to have to carry that around.  Ugh. 
Since the weather's been so cold, I'm glad that we are at least getting sun... I keep my shades open during the day and my office gets nice and warm.  No complaints here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment