Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

I feel the LUV


Oof, if only every card came out like this one... I am so happy with it.  I managed to keep it simple-ish, and not go overboard with the embelllishments (I think).  The silvery string that I tied around the circle should have been gold, but we'll let it pass this time.  I'm really loving the Stampin' Up string that I've been seeing around since Christmastime; it comes in white & red, white & black, etc.... I'm going to have to get some.  The flowers were a 33 cent score from Moskatell's near Skid Row downtown... I think I should go back and clean them out.  Their sales are actually sales, which is nice.  BUT, I digress.  I have tried to make a card that a woman can give to a man, but am failing miserably.  I can't make a masculine Valentine's day card!  Oh well. 

Tonight I'm making the mini cupcakes for my sister's baby shower tomorrow (!!!!), and assembling the manicotti.  I had to mention to my mom that we'll need some vegitarian manicot, and so will need to make some sauce sans meat as well.  Other than that, the salad, the antipasto platter and flower arrangements are the last part of this long haul.  I hope everything works out!  (Crossing fingers and toes) 

Another warm, sunny day; I plan on taking "The Alienist" (by Caleb Carr, what an interesting book, I can't believe I slept on it for so long!!) outside today at lunch and actually not work through lunch.  I really would have stayed home and read all day if I thought of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment