Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holiday Cards Continued...



The holiday card making continues.  I found this really cute holiday/christmas paper at a craft store and got lots of ideas, but am also trying to do something different.  I'm seeing a lot of the holiday cards out there, and it's the same 'ol same 'ol: green and red.  It's tough to come up with new holiday-ish color schemes, but purple and silver seems to work!  I also tried to design a card that's easy to assemble and sell them in packs of five (on Etsy, my store name: Jeljelbinks).  


Here they are: 




I love the simplicity here, and it was easy to assemble (after I cut out all those ornaments!)  I will design two or three more of this type of small card to sell in packs.  This wasn't my normal 5"x6.5" size, I think it's 4"x5".  I found some really nice plastic packets to put them in, so we'll see how it goes.  At the very least, all my Christmas cards this year will be taken care of.  I was thinking about giving them out as gifts for my loved ones next year... is that corny?  I am just stuck, and I wonder if other crafters out there have this problem too, I don't know what to do with all the stuff I make, after I make it!  I have a huge surplus of cards and there aren't enough occasions to get rid of them!  Also, as I KNOW other crafters (especially scrapbookers, stampers and card-ies) know, this is an addictive and expensive hobby.  There's always ONE more little doodad we want and eventually need.  I see all you lucky women out there with their own little craft room, and I'm jealous!  I would totally do that at my apartment if I didn't feel the need for a living room!  (I joke, sort of...)


Well, that's all for now, folks.  I plan on trying to enter a few challenges this week, as well, so see ya later!



No comments:

Post a Comment