Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2011

Paper Works Continued


This little nugget is called an explosion box; see, when you undo the ribbon and take the top off, the sides fall down into a sort of oragami-ish fold out and the contents sort of fall out.  I used this idea originally as a card, putting the sentiment or message on the bottom panel of the actual box, but this time I have something very different in mind.  I plan on making lots of these and adding a mini-manicure and nail polish gift set for all my sister's baby shower guests.  This way, I can actually spend more on the actual gift and not on the boxes, even though they are probably super cheap.  I plan on getting a new paper pad today at Jo-Ann (lunch break) and cardstock pack for these boxes.  I also will make the banner out of the same paper.  I had another idea for little candy holders (http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.115272576.jpg) something like that link, but maybe with an embellishment on the front instead of on the inside.  That is the general idea, anyway. 
This weekend, we go downtown to look at the cake stands and to get some champagne flutes.  We will have champagne cocktails for drinks, I found a recipe that looks amazing.  I just hope that it's a warm enough day to enjoy it outdoors. 

Other than the baby shower planning, I have gotten settled into my new apartment downtown.  I have a trip to Baltimore coming up for work, so that is something that I'm looking forward to, in addition to all the new stuff happening at work with reorganization of the facility.  I have been at the past few board meetings, and they are looking at major change in anticipation of healthcare reform.  Also, marketing a newer image of who we are... it's all very interesting, and I love being a part of it. 

That's all for now. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment