Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Gift Boxes... the saga begins


I promise you, this won't be the only post about these things.  I have only just begun really making them, and would have been done earlier if I had paper that I loved for them.  I finally found some that I fell in LOVE with, and began them last night while watching this bugged out movie called "Devil".  (Seriously,  it was scary in a not-too-gory-sort-of-Hitchcock way)  So, I will keep making half a dozen of these puppies per night (at home, when I'm not working on the banner).  I have thought of the possiblity of getting a few more kinds of ribbon just to mix it up, and so that they all don't start to look alike.  I think it would look much nicer with an assortment of colors and designs.  Today I will order some die cuts from eBay to decorate the tops of the boxes, maybe some diaper pins or baby bottles.  I can't WAIT for the day when I get my own Silhouette or Cricut... I almost hussled my way into the deal on QVC some weeks ago, but didn't jump on that boat.  I am kind of kicking myself... all that cutting hurts the hands! 
This week I will work on buying the rest of the stuff for the party and take care of my Dad w hile my Mom is out of town; today I'll put some food in his fridge and cook him something to stick to the ribs.  I will also enjoy some real down time, as this week has been extra extra.  I get home and just collapse (after cooking dinner, of course) and just want to cry when the alarm clock goes off at 5:15 am.  I need a vacation.  Won't go into details, but it's time I put in for my 10 or 12 days off from the salt mine.

Here's another pic of the boxes...


That's all for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment