Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Soft colors, who knew?



Happy Birthday to Barb, my boyfriend's aunt... she's a cardmaker, so I felt like this one had to be good.  I am so pleased with it!  I looked around the Studio Calico blog for awhile before I even began, and got inspiration with all their soft colors and monochromatic themes... I don't usually favor pastels or soft colors, not that I don't like them, but I am loving them here.  I used all new paper for this card, and some of the colored baker's twine.  I have to say, the scraps I used for the top and bottom accents were from a project I did about a year ago, and can you believe I finally got to use some?!  I am such a pack rat, but I justify it with the fact that I'm saving money, how can you mess with that?  I went through my paper bin yesterday, also, and found that I have lots of stuff I just forgot about, their being buried under all the newer stuff.  I want to go through it this week and sort stuff out, maybe get over to a storage store and find a rack for paper.  My craft room/boyfriend's office is slowly changing, I hope I can keep it under control. ;)  BUT, the good thing about paper racks is that it'll keep my paper out of those bins and where I can see them, making them more accessible for projects.  I'll buy less paper!  (I should be a lawyer.)

My next project, after one last card for an order I have to fill, will be a small batch of holiday cards for a friend's parent's store.  I may try to sell my stuff again, and get my little side piece business going once more.  It's always good to have a little backup, don't you think?  It could very well be a second job, which I'm super okay with, being that the holidays are right around the corner.  I think it's a photo store, of some sort, so I'll play on that theme making cards with slots to slide Christmas photos in, or a window on the front for display.  I'll have to keep it simple so that I can make them in bulk; that's going to be my biggest challenge.  Good luck to me.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment