Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

21st Birthday

I can still remember my 21st birthday, matter of fact, I think I had about five of them. ;)  I wanted to stay 21, sue me.  I guess I'm glad that I'm not the same jerk I was then; maybe that's the only advantage to aging (besides eventually getting the senior specials at Denny's): not being foolish forever, that kind of recklessness shouldn't last.
Ah, but I digress... this card is for Stephanie's nephew, Bradford; he's going to be 21, bless his heart.  I got the cute paper at this new store on Brookhurst ("The" OC) called Scrapbook Heaven, or something, on Sunday.  The owner had a pretty nice setup, small but packed with cute stuff.  Prices were so-so, but she makes up for it in her taste.  I got paper, a new clear stamp, some colored baker's twine and a die cut packet with a Nantucket theme.  Very cute.  I inked the edges of the paper blue, and chalk inked the "B" so it'd stand out a bit.  I used my separate letter alphabet stamp set to do the "happy birthday" part; I think it looks nice.  Hopefully the ribbon doesn't give it a feminine feeling... I worry about that everytime I make a card for a man. 

Tonight I'll make the last card on my birthdays list and then begin a scrapbook page; I printed out a bunch of photos from my vacation and from T's blockparty show to do that... no more excuses!  I have lots of new stuff to use, so I'm antsy to get home and start.

That's all folks!  It's nice to be back.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment