Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Birthday x's 2


Happy birthday, right?!  Yes, this card is for a man, this is why it's so... dark.  I try to make them not girly, but jeez, it's tough.  I began this card a few times and just couldn't get it right; I'm even a little iffy about this.  Anyway, I finally got to use my new "Sew Easy" tool to stitch a bottom border.  I used some floss I already had -- it was a pack rat moment, I had that saved for a few years now!  I had some striped floss, but the black is better, don't you think?  I cut out the sentiment on a paint chip, I'm so sneaky! 


Now, this card I LOVE.  I have been really feeling lighter colors, a la Studio Calico, but felt the need to brighten it a bit with some red.  This card is also for a man, what are you gonna do?  I found that cute little placard from a Nantucket themed die cut set, LOVE it.  I should have distressed the edges of the alphabet paper, maybe ripped the sides a bit and inked the edges... next time.  These two cards took me about an hour for both! That isn't bad, I can take up an hour just planning a color scheme!  I have to get going on my holiday cards for the stores I may be selling at, plus, will we send out handmade cards this Christmas?  Many decisions to make.  I'm always nervous about showing my work to others; will they like it, will they think it's silly?  I guess what matters is that I'm having a lot of fun doing it, so hopefully that shows.

Thanksgiving coming up, I am planning on making two centerpieces for our table, and maybe some name cards for place settings, that's if I have time.  I have been combing the 'net looking for ideas, but I think hollowed out pumpkins with flowers in them is the way to go, for the centerpieces.  Plus, I think I have some fake cranberries that I can work with , as well... hmm.  We'll see what happens. ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment