Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Original Idea

So, here's the original card I made for the card exchange I spoke of in the last post.  I am having the TOUGHEST time coming up with an idea for the damn things, I may just have to go back to this idea... it just doesn't seem DONE to me.  I guess the boring lettering is getting to me, but that can be fixed with a little trip to Michael's.  Or... I could take some acrylic paint and sort of jazz the letters up with that.  I was also thinking about seriously taking these things to the next level with some more of the 3D embellishments that I've been into making... maybe using felt, flowers, and shit like that.  Hmm.

I'm excited that it's Spring, that Easter is coming and that the sun makes the evenings longer; it sort of makes coming home nicer in that I have longer to enjoy the day once I'm home, not just making dinner, showering and jumping into bed.  I actually get to hang out and do stuff, like tonight I hope to get the energy to go and see Rango.  I've been wanting to see that for awhile now. :)  OH!  My co-worker and good friend Stephanie got us tickets to see Usher on June 1st, so I'm looking forward to that.  It's a show at the Staples Center, so anything there is always exciting.  The last show I saw there was awesome, went with Pat & Jay and during one song rose petals fell from the ceiling; it was some sort of ballad... how funny!! 

Any day now, my new niece will be here, so I'm looking forward to seeing her, and also to my sister getting to sleep on her belly, she's mentioned that a hundred times!

That's all for now.  I wish the sun were out... today especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment