Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicky Time!

Hello all - it's been a minute, but I'm back.  I have been neck deep in a card exchange project that requires me to make twelve identical Easter cards that need to be ready for shipment to Alaska by April 1, my sister's birthday, incidentally.  I have NO ideas lately, and have been struggling with card design/layout, but the other day Sam and I brainstormed and he helped me come up with these chicks (honestly, it was all his idea, the headband part):


At first, I just made the chick coming out of an egg, with the broken shell on top of his head, lookin' all cute.  But, when the card was done it just didn't feel done, and I wasn't satisfied.  Especially when it's for a card exchange, I have to be 100% happy with the damn thing.  So, I scrapped that idea and made these guys with bunny ear headbands and then placed them in eggs:


Now they are done, but I have to figure out some good lettering for the greeting part, and maybe get some more pastel paper to jazz it up.  I have TONS of pastel from the baby shower, so maybe I should just make due.  I wanted to post a pic of the first card attempt, but I didn't photograph it.  Oh well, it's really not that great anyway.  Tonight I shall continue my efforts in this project, and see what happens.  I have high hopes on this one.  :)

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment