Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Holidays!


Well, I finally began Mom's holiday cards... I have been SERIOUSLY putting that off.  And why?  I'll tell you: I've had a block.  A card-maker's-block... it's been diagnosed as "treatable", or so they say.  We'll see.  Honestly, though, I used to have a surplus of ideas, I'd have two or three notebooks with sketches in them, ideas for sentiments, color combination ideas and layout plans... I don't know what happened!  I think it may be that I've just slowed down on it altogether, and so it's all slowed down.  I've gotta remedy that, and quick because we are getting my website going soon and I will be selling these puppies.  That's right, after I've thought about it for years, T has taken the initiative to get the ball rolling... wish us luck!

So, for the cards you see above, I began with the die cut.  I decided I wanted something colorful and festive, so the darn partridge in a pear tree is what you have.  I cut out the phrase that went with another die cut set and made it 2'... those babies weren't easy to take off my sticky Cricut mat, let me tell you!  I had to toss about three of them because they ripped.  It may be time for me to get one of those spatulas they sell that I always thought were a pointless ripoff.  Anyway, I used four different green patterned papers for the background, and did you notice that I didn't mat it over solid cardstock?!  For a 20 card order, this is what you get.  I used some dimension dots to raise the sun shape a bit and stapled the heart over it for some extra color.  I'll have used many different border on the bottoms of each card, all in non-traditional Christmas colors, what the heck do you THINK?!  I'm liking it...

As for my own holiday cards, I don't know what I'll do... I will probably just buy some, I don't have the time to make my own!  I am looking forward to my monthly Studio Calico kits to start coming... that will be inspiration for me, I'm sure. 

I will have cable tv tonight... I will have cable tv tonight... I will have cable tv tonight... (if I keep saying it, I might believe it, it might actually happen!)  Wish us luck, that the cable guy doesn't piss T off.  ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment