Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

For Big Daddy


This is a card I made for my boyfriend's father... I did NOT think of this message, and am a little worried he's going to get a bad, smartass first impression of me!  He had better tell him it wasn't my idea! :)  So, how funny are those little pics?  The washboard & tub, the potbelly stove?  How freakin' funny is it that I have a Cricut cartridge that makes that?  Yep, I'm a farmer.  I can hear chickens in the morning (on weekends, they don't get up as early as ME during the week), and I milk the cows, aren't you jealous?  Just kidding about the cows.  So, here's the inside:


I am quite pleased with this card, and I loved the idea.  I also made a Christmas card for him, and here it is:



I am in LOVE with this card... I like it more each time I look at it.  I made a border with the Sew Easy tool, and stitched the holes with a light brown & white string.  I used my Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge for the candy border and sentiment.  The tree came from an eBay purchase years ago.  See how long I hang onto little pieces of paper?  Sheesh.  The background paper came from this new scrapbook store I found in the Howard Hughes mall, The Bridge... it's a little store with cute stuff, if a bit overpriced. 

I have been working on our new website, and it should be up at the start of the New Year, I'm pretty excited to see how things will turn out!  If I am working in a sweatshop, I'll need help, and I have my eye on somebody now.... ;)

That's all for now.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment