Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tings a Gwan


Bella playing with her new ball, sitting at her new Bumbo tray... I'm not sure if I posted this pic yet, but I couldn't resist.  She's so awesome, I can't get over her! :)

Anyways, I made a birthday card for a co-worker's niece who is turning 17.  I had to think about that one -- like, "Where was I at at that age?  What did I like?"  And, I think it's still safe to be cutsey at that age, I mean you're still a kid!  I figured a teenage girl would like something like this:


I used the middle of a bunch of leaf die cuts that I got off eBay awhile ago; I saved them in a little container, shaking my head wondering at the lengths I go to to save.  Pow!  That's why!  Haha, I got to use them finally, and don't feel like a total spaz.  Well... I won't go there.  I used brown colored pencil to softly outline the lines on the beehive, I hope it looks okay.  I used some K&Company hearts to jazz it up and to get some pink in there.  I guess it turned out okay.

I plan on really trying out some embossing this weekend, and also gotta re-try the acrylic spray bottle idea.  It just didn't work out last week, but I haven't given up.  I also think it's time to go ahead and grab those bicycle stamps from Hero Arts. I've had my eye on them for a good month, and right now is a good time to do something nice for me. 





If Bella gets tired of anything, it'll be of Auntie's photo shoots, I tellya.  Whenever I get a moment, and she's in a good mood (which is all the time), I just snap snap snap and usually I get some really good ones.  I think I will also visit that Kodak printing kiosk again and print out a good number of my photos of Bella for her scrapbook.  She's getting her teeth, the doctor said at her last appointment, so I'm going to have to find my tooth die cut... OH!  One more thing: at that doctor's appointment, my sister said that Bella got an immunization and she DIDN'T CRY at all.  I think she said she flinched a little, but my little toughie held it together!  She is truly a Rodriguez girl.  I can't wait to tell her that someday. :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment