Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

August already??

Since I have no USB cord today at the office, I'll post weekend pics tomorrow.  Saturday, my sister, Anabella and I went shopping at the mall, and it was quite an experience.  She's in a very talkative mode lately, all she does is use her voice, and it's loud!  I LOVE it, though... she is so smart, everything she sees is cause for a comment. :)  By the time we were through in Target (where I discovered the magic of a Kodak photo printing kiosk), she was pooped, literally and figuratively.  We made it to H&M (that mall has a really good one, Fox Hills Mall) and Bella knocked the f out.  I realized how tough it is for my sister to get anything done with her little tiger, so I vow to help her whenever it's possible.  I love squeezing my beautiful niece, anyway, so it's a win-win. 

As for my crafts this weekend, I made THREE scrapbook page layouts for a project I'm working on.  I have decided that I'll just scrap the heck out of the next few months until Christmas and then put together scrapbooks for my sister & Matt, my parents and my brothers.  I should also keep one for myself, so I've got lots to do.  It's nice, because a whole page gives me more room to clutter up.  On a card, I usually only have 5 1/2" x 6", and it does get cluttered.  What else... oh, I made two acrylic paint spray bottles.  THAT was funny... I dumped some hairspray and a vanilla body mist, and made an off-white, cream color and gray.  I have to figure out the right consistency because I drenched the damn paper, and it's all warped now.  I did try, though!  (Friday nights are WILD, I tell you)  I also made a little discovery that I'm a little hesitant to elaborate on.  Oh well, who cares.  I went to Home Depot and basically helped myself to about a hundred paint chip sheets!  They are PERFECT for my projects!  I have a ton of them, and one company even uses sticker paper for theirs, I'll be getting more of those!  I tried them out on my Cricut, and I was right: amazing colors, thick paper, beautiful shapes and lettering for whatever.  I don't recommend abusing this little tip, but hey, I'm all about recycling, and I bet Benjamin Moore would LOVE that I'm doing some good with those things that just sit there! 

Anyway... I spent my whole Sunday cleaning my house, so I can relax this week and just craft during the evening.  BBQ Chicken for dinner tonight, and I may attempt scalloped potatoes.  I never even tried them until, like, a year ago, and I love them!  I have an Excel 2 class tomorrow in Culver City, so I'll have the day off from work for that.  I'll pack a nice lunch and bring a SK book to read during lunch hour.

Ah, but now... back to work. ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment