Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Currents & Recent Works

CURRENTS (and then some of my recent workings below!):

time: 9:30 pm
location: in my bid, three pillows behind me, two under my swollen feet :/
eating: just finished a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate granola bar -- the best ones out there, folks.
drinking: some good ol' unsweetened iced tea
listening: to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"
creating: Aha, I finally have something to share! I've been having tons of fun with embroidery (on paper, of course).  I realized on our last trip that I could lightly pencil ANYthing onto a card front, poke holes in it along those lines, take some colored embroidery thread and do the do!  I've been doing simple phrases, but plan on trying some simple drawings.  You can check them out below.  I should also post pics of the banner and sea creatures I made for my baby shower -- maybe next time. ;)
wishing: for a rootbeer float... seriously.
wanting: to get going with putting our crib together!  After that, baby's room will just about be done!!! :) 
needing: to get going with having this baby.  Seriously, my feet aren't looking so good, and I'm a whale.
thinking: about the kid in my belly who is doing jumping jacks... again.  I guess I can't complain -- I get worried when he or she is too still, so this way at least I know he/she is okay.
doing: relaxing, about to call it a night... it's been a long day!


Now, here's the stuff I've been working on...  I plan on finding some baby clothing patterns this week and begin trying to make some clothes on my sewing machine.  I can stitch simple stuff on paper, but I'm ready for a new challenge ;)


This was the first one I did... on the Amtrak, it was so relaxing to be on a moving train, sewing...


This one is for my husband's grandfather, but commissioned by his mother, so that's why it's made out to "Dad".  I think I'll put it on a light blue background, or brown.... we'll see.



This one I had in mind for a card (for a friend who is away for the summer) at first, until I started thinking about using it for a scrapbook page.  We've had so much fun this summer, I'll need something like this for at least one layout... not sure yet.


 This can be for a few different people who I have reason to thank recently... we'll see!

That's all for now.  Hopefully I'll have lots more to share very soon, all this embroidery has gotten me back in the crafty mood, and I'm ready to go!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss Card Core! Just thought I would see what you are up to lately. I love the cards. A suggestion. Stamp a pattern onto the card then punch the holes.... Love the ones you did though. Glad to see you still keep busy with your art! You are very talented. Rozzbudd

    ReplyDelete