Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Been A While...

Well, what can I say?  Things happen and one forgets she has a blog at all.  What are you gonna do?  I have only a few cards to share from over the last couple months... well, I guess since right before Valentine's Day.  Lots going on, busy busy busy and the cards have taken the back seat for a moment.  I will be back at it very soon once I'm home from work (May 4th - woohoo!) and I'll be sure to share at least once a week then. 

For Valentine's Day, I made these cards for my three BFF's here at the office:


After I got my Sew Easy tool and lots of cute baker's twine, I sorta went crazy with the stitched edging, and it was on EVERYthing for a minute, there.  I got every attachment head that goes with it (unless there are more now, sheesh) when my local scrapbook store had a 40% off sale.  I ended up buying each for about 1.50.  What a steal!  But, I'd still rather have a little sewing machine... we'll see. :)

Here's a birthday card that I made for one of Tom's friends who he hadn't seen in many, many years.  I asked him what the guy liked, and Star Wars it was!  Here it is:


The inside reads, "He'd say, Happy Birthday!".  I had fun making this card, because it was like the old days when I didn't have a Cricut, and I had to make all my dies by hand, free form.  I seem to feel more proud of those cards than the ones where all I had to do is glue the pieces together.  Whateves, I still adore my Cricut!  (FYI: the Silhouette is pretty freakin' cool... is that something I should get?)

This next card is what I made for my sister's 32nd birthday, which just passed.  We celebrated at Benihana, and I am STILL thinking about all that rice and meat.  MMMMMM!  Here it is:


I made the cupcake die from my new Cricut cartridge, Everyday Pop-Up Cards.  I have yet to understand the dynamics of the pop up element, but I'll figure it out.  I have occasion to send out many thank you cards very soon, and I'd love to do a pop up for that... at least for some. 

I'm going to sign off now since I really need to get down to business at work.  I'd much rather watch You Tube videos and play in my craft room, but somebody needs to make a little money!  The way things are going, I'll surely be back after the beginning of May.

xooxoxoxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment