Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Already?

I have begun making my Valentine's Day cards for this year's fiasco. I love Valentine's Day, but only because I get to tell the people I love that I love them, and not seem like a maniac.  I grew up in a home that those words were given freely, often, and I miss that.  One day, I'll give my own kid that kind of love. :)  For now, I'll just make cards so that other people can get the point across in a tasteful manner.  Here's what I've come up with so far:


This little card is a remake of one I made last week, the one I said would be perfect for duplicating.  It was easy enough, and if it sells fast, I'll make more.  I can use different paper, colors, etc.  I like the simplicity, and can see it being given to a person who isn't super mushy, like a guy.



Now, this is an idea I got off Martha Stewart's site, I think... she had the lollipops on birthday invites, or something and I couldn't resist knowing I had lollipop sticks from Christmas.  I used my glue gun to adhere the bow, and dimension dots to make the hearts pop. 



Here's a card I made in about one minute.  I used most of that minute trimming the frayed edges off the cut strips of paper, too.  I like the raw look of this card, it just might be another duplicated card made in bulk.  What a hustler I am! :)

After Valentine's Day, we have a little break from holidays, until Mother's and Father's Day, and this will give me time to work on the new website and get my arsenal built up again.  I've been thinking of making better use of my space in our shared office, and have some really good ideas. I need to organize my paper and have a better storage plan.  I found some paper the other day at the bottom of my pile(s) that I haven't seen in a year, so I'm thinking vertical files of some sort.  Separate them by size, color and pattern.  Project time.

Oh!  I will be making my niece's first birthday invitations next month, I just remembered.  I'd also like to do some party favors, or a banner... Anabella will be one year old, I just can't believe how time flies.  She is walking now, and wearing shoes regularly, look:



Look at those cool shoes!  I heard that over the last few days she began walking... YES! :)  I can't wait to see her, see her walking...

Here's Bella playing with the hippo that Auntie and Thomas got her for Christmas:



My sweetiepie!  Her smile is so sweet, I swear I could just scream.  It looks like she just woke up, or is ready to go down for a nap. 

That's all for now, as if I haven't rambled on for long enough. 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment