Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well, it's Halloween... where has the year gone?!  It seems like Summer came and went super fast -- since the weather's been nice, I won't really complain.  Tonight we'll check out the neighborhood block party and pass out candy, will we dress up? :)

So, Bella is going to dress as the Black Swan for mall trick or treating tonight with her friend Isla.  I offered to make her a mask since I doubt Neets would be able to find something like that at the stores.  I was a bit worried that it wouldn't come out well, but I was wrong!  I think it looks great:


We went to JoAnn's on Satruday (after a toy shopping spree at TJ Max!) and bought some velvety paper, black feathers and sequins and I had some ribbon at home to work with.  I got the measurements from my sister yesteday morning and last night I banged it out.  Yeah!!!  You can't really see the sequins in the center, but they are sort of clustered over the feather ends, which hides them so it works out.  I was thinking about hot gluing a rhinestone star in the middle or on the side, but I think this way works.  I can't WAIT to see her put it on later!  I just hope it fits... crossing fingers.



I have many cards to make, so I'll try and get a few done this week.  Maybe if I make enough and actually SELL them I can afford that Martha Stewart sewing machine... there's some fire for the hiney. ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment